Arguments Are No Fun!

Friday, January 23, 2015

Brenden and I are a normal couple, we fight. We normally fight over little things and in the middle of the argument we just start laughing and realize we are crazy for fighting over something so small. Remember we live and work together, so we do get frustrated pretty often because of not having any personal space at all.

However on Wednesday on our way home from work we got into probably the worse fight we have every had. It was over money and bills (of course!!!). It all started out as a normal conversation and escalated very quickly. I started questioning everything. In my head I was thinking (irrationally of course) "If we can't agree on money and who pays what how are we even going to work out?", "We don't have any of the same views on anything!" (okay just bills and religion). Then I said one thing I was thinking, out loud that I really wish I didn't.... "Why are we even getting married?!"... You know the saying think before you speak? Well I clearly did NOT do that! UGH! That just made everything SO much worse!

When we got home (and we weren't really speaking) I changed out of my work clothes and went to dinner with my parents. When I got home Brenden was gone. He went to his best friend's house to stay the night and let things calm down. He came back in the morning before work and we have been getting along a lot better since then. We both apologized and agreed on the money and bills conversation we had the night before (which he also apologized about because he realized after talking to his friend that I was right and I was only saying what was most logical for us and for our marriage).

So It has been a very stressful and crazy week! Especially for a couple that doesn't really get into huge arguments. Only little ones we end up laughing about. So now everything is back to normal! Thank goodness!

xoxo,
Courtney

 photo sig_zpsvts3mjro.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply