Wedding Planning Monday

Monday, March 23, 2015

Well since I've actually accomplished a few more things on the wedding to-do list I figured I'd brag since I'm finally able to cross a few things off my list! (About time... I know, I know).

- Yesterday we picked our venue (finally)! It will be at the Wyndham Grand. It has windows along the whole outside wall with such a gorgeous view of a park and the rivers! Our wedding is this December so the park will have white lights on all of the trees! I am so excited to have that view from our reception, it truly is one of a kind!

It's the big gold hotel in the middle.




- Our wedding package comes with a wedding cake from a local bakery, I have not had a chance to meet with them yet but I have a few ideas in mind for our cake. I honestly would like to do one of the foam cakes ( where the cake is foam and they decorate it so you would never know it is not real, but the top keepsake layer is real and a piece of a different layer is real so you can still have the traditional "cutting the cake") but I would like to do the foam cake because I have some individual cakes in mind for our guests.

Has anyone heard of these "foam" cakes before?

These are the cake ideas that I love and the bottom middle 
one is the individual ones I love for our guests.

- Paid and ordered my wedding dress. It won't come in until October. I absolutely love my dress but I do have a story about it. The first day that my family and I went wedding dress shopping my sister picked a dress out for me that was on the mannequin in the front of the store, I refused to try it on for a few reasons, 1) my sister picked it out and we have totally different tastes in everything! 2) it looked ball gown-ish and super poofy! (I DID NOT want poofy!!!) So I did not try it on but the next time I went to look at dresses with  my mom she said "oh just try it on! Since you hate it and refuse to try it on I bet that will be your dress!"..... Well, she was right! When I had it on I fell in love! That is the only dress that I did not question or want to try any other dress on after it!





- I picked out bridesmaid dresses and they will be light gray and my sister's (matron of honour) dress will be a dark red. We are having the place I bought my dress from make them because we want them to look similar to the dress below but that dress does not come in any other color but that blue. (We have seven bridesmaids so we had to find a dress that everyone liked and fit their bodies comfortably)



- Also we just received all of our engagement pictures so we have picked out a few save the date postcards from Shutterfly that we love, so that is the next thing on my to-do list is to preview and order them. We have decided to do post cards due to the expenses of having to purchase envelopes for all of them (we have 450+ people we are inviting, so no thats not how many save the dates I would need but still I will need a decent amount!)


So far that is all that I have done... I have a few more things lined up that I will hopefully be able to cross off my list here soon but may I add that the things I have done now were not done two weeks ago! Geez I still have a lot more to do any have to get it all done for December!! Wish me luck! 


 photo sig_zpsvts3mjro.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “Wedding Planning Monday”

  1. That dress is gorgeous and so is the venue! You're wedding is going to be gorgeous! My wedding dress was one my friend grabbed and I said no way because its under-layer was tan(TAN?!). I agreed to try it on. It was the one. I tried on 4 and it was it! Looks like your planning is going swell!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I still have so much to do and I had no idea that planning a wedding would be so stressful! Yeah I was like there is no way that is going to be "the dress"!! But it ended up being the only one I absolutely loved!

      Delete