Catch Up Post- Stuffed Banana Peppers

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I have been so busy with work and the house I haven't had time to post anything! :(  So I figured I'd post a recipe!

I made home made stuffed banana peppers last week and they were so good but very hot! I made five total and we could only eat one each! But here's a quick and shortened version of how I made them: 

-Pre heat the oven to 425degrees. 

-5 banana peppers (you can use as many peppers as you want), cut the tops off and used a spoon to get the seeds out. 


- 1pound of hot sausage ground up, not in the casing. 

- stuff the banana peppers with the sausage (I found it easier to cut a small line down the pepper so I could put the meat into it with less hassle).

-Place stuffed peppers in a oven safe dish.

- Add as much spaghetti sauce as you would like (i use traditional Ragu and I put a little under the peppers and enough on top to cover the peppers completely). 



-Cover with aluminum foil and place into the oven for 45 minutes (cooking time varies due to how soft you want your peppers to be, I like mine super tender so i normally take them out, sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over them and cook them for another 5 minutes). 

***please note that when handling the hot sausage and peppers when preparing you might want to wear gloves due to them being hot***


 photo sig_zpsvts3mjro.png
share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply